This new concept car from Mitsubishi is able to host 5 passengers as it measures 3,74 m in length, 1,68 m in width, and 1,49 m in height. The company also said that this concept car will become the most space efficient in the B-Segment.
Although the company does not disclose any details about the price of its new Mitsubishi e-compact concept car, but they said that it will become available in some countries such as: Europe, North America, North Asia, Japan, Australasia, and also ASEAN countries.
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION UNVEIL THEIR CONCEPT-GLOBAL SMALL VEHICLE THE ???Mitsubishi e-compact?? AT THE 81st GENEVA MOTOR SHOW
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has unveiled their Concept-Global Small vehicle, the ???Mitsubishi e-compact?? at the 81st Geneva Motor Show. After ???Project Global?? in the C/D-Segments, MMC is now pushing the boundaries of global product planning with the forthcoming introduction of ???Global Small?? in the B-Segment: next-generation architecture with built-in flexibility to accommodate - by design - customer requirements in ALL world markets in the lower sector of the market(s).
Previewed as ???Concept-Global Small?? at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, this ???Mitsubishi e-compact?? will be unveiled in production form towards the end of this year, prior to a start of production scheduled for early 2012 at an equally all-new plant MMC is currently building in Thailand, its third factory in this strategic production hub.
Global product of the ???Global Village??
This new Mitsubishi will be proposed as an entry model for emerging markets as well as a fuel efficient car in developed markets. As such, this all-new Mitsubishi e-compact project shall be MMC???s answer to some fundamental evidences:
- With 80% of its total output bound for export, Mitsubishi Motors ought to take into consideration the trend towards globalization in trade and communications, no matter the market segment.
- In fast developing markets such as China, ASEAN and other emerging areas (50% of all world markets by 2013), MMC shall embrace the increasing demand for personal mobility through affordable, fuel efficient and substantial yet compact vehicles.
- In the mature markets of Japan, North America or Europe, down-sizing and efficiency are key to meeting ever stringent environmental regulation whilst fulfilling the need for multi-motorization with sensible products in a re-invented B-Segment.
- In the face of volatile exchange rates & commodity prices as well as the challenge to serve all world markets with small vehicles delivering ??? by definition - low margins, Mitsubishi Motors shall pursue the highest level of efficiency in its production system through the concept of global production hub.
Developed in Okazaki (Japan) ??? MMC???s global R&D Center - in less than 2 years, the forthcoming Global Small project is meant to merge all these ???eco/compact?? requirements into one single package designed as such instead of mere adaptation(s):
- ???e?? for ???efficiency??: highly efficient in its overall packaging, Mitsubishi Motors??? Mitsubishi e-compact combines the virtues of a small vehicle (maneuverability) and excellent visibility whilst sitting 5 adults in comfort and accommodating sufficient luggage space within a retrained footprint (3,74 m length x 1,68 m width): one of the most space efficient in the B-Segment.
- ???e?? for ???engineering??: the architecture this Mitsubishi e-compact is based upon has been designed to accommodate upfront foreseeable customer and regulatory requirements in ALL world markets whether Japan, North America, emerging countries or Europe, instead of costly later adaptations: a first in the small car class.
- ???e?? for ???environment??: through weight saving measures, all-new petrol 1.0 and 1.2 liter MIVEC power trains, the application of MMC???s green technology solutions (Auto Stop and Go, Brake energy regenerative system,, etc,??Ĥ) and fine-tuned aerodynamics as exemplified in the sloping roof line, Mitsubishi???s Mitsubishi e-compact can boast sensible level of fuel consumption and therefore emissions well in line with market trends.
- ???e?? for ???electric vehicle??: as a further environmentally friendly measure ??? and a direct effect of its fully integrated Global Small architecture ??? Mitsubishi e-compact is engineered to accommodate a further variant, fitted with a 100% electric power train.
- ???e?? for ???economies??: robust and reliable by design as customary for Japanese products, ???Global Small?? should also guarantee low running costs.
- ???e?? for ???effective design??: as a daily reliable runabout equally at ease crossing the bush, tackling mega pole traffic or blasting highways (within speed limits), the Mitsubishi e-compact was styled with no-nonsense efficiency-first in mind. Robust looking yet enjoying sophisticated aero-dynamics, it should grace traffic none-the-less with a friendly face.
- ???e?? for ???export??: the first of its kind, ???Global Small?? will be built at MMC???s dedicated hub of Laem Chabang Industrial Estate in the Chonburi province of Thailand. The forecasted annual volume of 150,000 units (with a possible increase to 200,000 units) will be exported to the ASEAN countries , Japan, North Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and many other markets around the world.
Fifty years later after its first small car, the little ???500?? launched in 1960 just at the start of the massive export drive of Japan, Mitsubishi Motors??? ambitious Mitsubishi e-compact is about to open a new significant page in MMC???s history
Overall Length: 3,74 m
Overall Width: 1,68 m
Overall Height: 1,49 m
Power train: 3 cylinder MIVEC (petrol) engine
Auto Stop and Go
Brake energy regenerative system
185/55 R 16 low rolling resistance tires
Also see ...
style="float: left; width: 285px; height: 210px"> The specifications for Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart had been announced by Mitsubishi. Powered by a 2.0 liter (Dual Valve VVT) Turbo Engine, the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart develops 240 PS. The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart is also equipped with a 6-speed Twin Clutch - SST transmission, a full-time 4WD system with Active Yaw Control and Active Center Differential. Specification of the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart include the following items: Auto rain sensing wipers Auto headlight sensor Aluminum bonnet panel Recaro front seats Sports steering wheel with paddle sh ...
Mitsubishi Eclipse 2009 get some minor cosmetic changes which include a new blacked-out front grille, similar with the unit that can be found on the Lancer Evolution, and at the rear a black insert houses the twin exhausts. Mitsubishi Eclipse 2009 has also been improved on the power slightly with a new exhaust system which resulting torque to 262 lb-ft, and horsepower to 265 @ 5750 rpm....
Mitsubishi has announced the concept and production models that will be displayed at the 2008 New York International Auto Show. The Mitsubishi concepts that will be showcased will be i, i MiEV, i MiEV Sport concept and Concept-cX. The new Lancer Evolution will also presented by Mitsubishi, along side with the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. The Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart will be available in dealerships this summer, and featuring the Twin Clutch-SST gearbox and a full-time 4WD driveline with Active Center Differential (ACD). Press Release The Mitsubishi Motors vehicles displayed at the 2008 New York International Auto Show will help North Amer...
Mitsubishi announced that the 2008 Mitsubishi L200 in UK has range of updates. The 2008 Mitsubishi L200 Animal now comes with Bluetooth mobile phone connectivity, DVD satellite navigation system, and a Rallitronic power upgrade as an option. While the 2008 Mitsubishi L200 Warrior updates include Mitsubishi Power Sound System, cruise control, Super Select Four Wheel Drive, and 17 inch alloy wheels. Press Release REVISED L200 ADDS VALUE, STYLE AND FUNCTIONALITY L200 Warrior and Animal double, club and sing...
Mitsubishi announced the 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder price for the North American market. The 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse price will starts at $20,099.00 for the GS SOHC 16 Valve I4 MIVEC (2.4L/5M) entry level model. The top of the range 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC equipped with a 3.8 liter engine and a 5-Speed Sportronic transmission is priced at $24,999.00. The 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder price will starts at $25,799.00 for the GS SOHC 16 Valve I4 MIVEC version equipped with a 2.4 liter engine and 5-speed manual gearbox. However, the price will goes up for the 3.8 liter version 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spy...
Mitsubishi Galant Fortis RALLIART (the Lancer RALLIART equivalent) has been announced for the Japanese market by Mitsubishi. Powered by a 4B11-type 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC MIVEC that has been tuned, the Mitsubishi Galant Fortis RALLIART may outputs 177 kW (240 PS) at 6000 rpm and 343 Nm (35.0 kg-m) of torque at 3000 rpm. The Mitsubishi Galant Fortis RALLIART comes with a full-time 4WD system with a front helical limited slip differential, a mechanical rear LSD, and also an Active Center Differential*2. The Mitsubishi Galant Fortis RALLIART also featuring Anti-lock Braking and Active S...