Daihatsu announced today the launch of the fully re-designed 2008 Daihatsu TANTO. The new mini-car comes in two versions : the Daihatsu TANTO and the Daihatsu TANTO Custom. Both versions are powered by a 658 cc engine that develops 43 kW at 7,200 rpm and 65 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm. The Daihatsu TANTO Custom RS is powered by the same engine that delivers 47 kW at 6,000 rpm and 103 Nm of torque at 3,000 rpm.
Daihatsu Launches Fully Redesigned Mini Vehicle TANTO
DAIHATSU MOTOR CO., LTD. (Daihatsu) announced the nationwide launch in Japan of the fully redesigned mini vehicle TANTO1 on December 17.
The TANTO was created in November 2003 as a vehicle with surprising roominess for its size and one that is fun for the entire family. The TANTO gained support among drivers with children for its spaciousness and convenience and pioneered a new mini vehicle genre. Sales have been extremely good, averaging about 8,000 vehicles per month.
The current redesign seeks to transform the surprisingly expansive interior into a highly inspiring space. In addition to enhancing core performance attributes such as high safety performance and excellent fuel efficiency, Daihatsu achieved three significant advances in the unreserved pursuit of the TANTO DNAexpansiveness and convenience:
1) The surprising expansive interior was evolved even further to achieve an exceptionally large space, the largest of any mini vehicle.
2) The center pillar was removed and a powered sliding door installed (world’s first on a mini 2008 Daihatsu TANTO vehicle to create a amazing feeling of openness and provide for extreme ease of boarding and exiting.
3) Extraordinary utility was created through outstanding convenience in a wide variety of situations in response to calls from mothers with young children.
Two models with unique characteristics are available: the TANTO, which maximizes functional value for families with children that enjoy spending time together, and the TANTO CUSTOM, which seeks aesthetic value that is sure to the captivate the sensibilities of both men and women who place an emphasis on individuality.
The new models also offer the following features:
- The interior and exterior designs of both the TANTO and TANTO CUSTOM have been uniquely coordinated.
- The TANTO has been completely updated, including the platform and the engine, and safety, driving and environmental performance have been further enhanced.
1. TANTO: Italian word meaning “plenty”
2. As of December, 2007, measured by Daihatsu. (Interior length x interior width x interior height.)
3. As of December, 2007, measured by Daihatsu.
Plans call for sales of 8,000 units per month in Japan. The manufacturer’s suggested retail prices range from 1,030,000 yen to 1,655,000 yen (excluding consumption tax).
Also see ...
Daihatsu Terios Kiri has been announced by Daihatsu as a new special edition of their 4×4. The Daihatsu Terios Kiri is based on the 1.5 S model, and the production will be limited to 250 units only. Daihatsu Terios Kiri has a 185 g/km CO2 emissions level, and powered by the 1.5 liter petrol engine with 40.4 mpg fuel economy on an Extra Urban Cycle. Daihatsu Terios Kiri comes with equipment list such as special five-spoke 16 x 6 ins alloy wheels with 215/65 R16 tires, roof rails, front fog lamps, metallic green paint, a hard spare wheel cover, leather-covered steering wheel, and also special ???Kiri??? graphics. Daihatsu Terios Kiri price will be at 13,895 pounds on the road. Press Release Daihats...